Advises issuers and financial institutions on U.S. tax aspects of security offerings and financing arrangements, with a focus on the European and Asian markets.
Alon advises issuers and financial institutions on the U.S. tax aspects of various security offerings and financing arrangements, such as IPOs, structured notes, hybrid securities, exchange offers and credit agreements, with a focus on the European and Asian markets.
Private equity funds seek Alon’s counsel in connection with their structuring and portfolio investments. He also advises clients on various international tax matters, such as the U.S. tax consequences of cross-border reorganizations and redomiciliation.
A member of our Israel practice, Alon is fluent in Hebrew and is admitted to the Israel Bar.
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria on its $1 billion SEC-registered preferred notes offering
- Banco Santander on its $2.5 billion senior notes offering
- Dealers and joint lead managers on the Emirate of Abu Dhabi’s $10 billion notes offering
- Dealers on the $25 billion MTN program updates and $1.5 billion senior non-preferred notes offering by Societe Generale
- Initial purchasers on its $2 billion high-yield notes offering of China Evergrande
- Joint bookrunners on the $1.6 billion notes offering by Diageo Capital
- Joint bookrunners on its $1 billion notes offering and cash tender offer of Gold Fields
- Joint bookrunners in connection with an SEC-registered offering of $1.5 billion aggregate principal amount of perpetual additional tier 1 contingent convertible capital securities of ING Group
- Joint bookrunners on an SEC-registered €700 million notes offering by Westlake Chemical
- Joint lead managers on Bangkok Bank Public Company’s $1.2 billion notes offering
- Joint lead managers on its Toyota Motor $1.5 billion senior notes offering
- Morgan Stanley in connection with its SEC-registered global offering of $2 billion aggregate senior notes
- Nederlandse Waterschapsbank Bank on its $60 billion debt issuance program update
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial on its $2 billion aggregate SEC-registered notes offerings
- on its strategic investment in JD.com
- on its $6 billion notes offering under its global MTN program
- The Metropolis of Tokyo on its $1 billion bond offering
- The Royal Bank of Scotland on its $1.25 billion notes offering
- Underwriters on the IPO and Nasdaq listing of 9F
- Underwriters in connection with a $3.5 billion aggregate SEC-registered notes offering of British American Tobacco
- Underwriters on the $648 million IPO of Datadog
- Rudick Award
- magna cum laude
- Counsel, 2012-present
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2005-2012
- Associate, Herzog Fox & Neeman, 2000-2004
Qualifications and admissions
- Israel Bar
- State of New York