Dara L. Sheinfeld
As Pro Bono Counsel, Dara works with lawyers across the firm on a variety of pro bono initiatives, including family court litigation, post-conviction relief matters, and federal Hague actions – with a focus on representation of survivors of domestic violence. She helps our attorneys develop and strengthen trial and client interview skills.
Dara previously worked at Sanctuary for Families, litigating family law matters on behalf of victims of domestic violence, and managing and directing two of Sanctuary’s family law offices in Family Justice Centers in the Bronx and Manhattan. At Sanctuary, Dara supervised many attorneys in highly contested family court matters, including trials. She collaborated with various nonprofit organizations and legal services agencies, helping underserved communities.
Earlier, Dara was a litigation associate at Davis Polk. During that time, she gained significant experience litigating pro bono family court matters, and supervised associates on similar cases.
- cum laude
- Staff Editor, N.Y.U. Review of Law & Social Change
- Phi Beta Kappa
- magna cum laude
- Pro Bono Counsel 2020-present
- Pro Bono Attorney, Davis Polk, 2017-2020
- Director, Family Law Project, Sanctuary for Families, 2012-2017
- Legal Brief Writing Specialist, Silver, Golub & Teitell, 2010-2012
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2002-2010