Advises on corporate and securities matters for public companies and companies that are in the process of going public.
Emily advises companies on corporate and securities matters, including public company reporting and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions and corporate governance. Issuers and investment banks regularly seek her advice on a broad range of capital markets transactions. Her mergers and acquisitions experience includes acquisitions of public and private companies, carve-outs, joint ventures and minority investments.
Emily has experience across a variety of industries, including technology, healthcare, energy, utilities and manufacturing.
Law360 in 2021 named Emily a “Rising Star” in technology. In 2020, she was named a “California Lawyer Attorney of the Year” by the Daily Journal in connection with her work on Uber’s $8.1 billion IPO.
Emily serves as our co-hiring partner in Northern California.
- Initial public offerings by aTyr Pharma, Achaogen, Affirm, Bloom Energy, Connect Biopharma, CrowdStrike, Elastic, Kodiak Sciences, Nurix Therapeutics, Poshmark, Rackspace, Revance Therapeutics, Taiwan Liposome Company, Uber and Yelp
- Direct listing by Palantir Technologies
- Debt offerings by Altera, Cisco, CrowdStrike, Equinix, Masco, NetApp, salesforce.com, Texas Instruments, Uber and Westar Energy
- Equity offerings by Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Aeglea BioTherapeutics, Atreca, BIND Therapeutics, CAI International, Chegg, Coherus BioSciences, Corcept Therapeutics, Corvus Pharmaceuticals, Coupa Software, Equinix, Five Prime Therapeutics, Grocery Outlet, Kodiak Sciences, Loxo Oncology, Natera, Nurix Therapeutics, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Pharmacyclics, Portola Pharmaceuticals, RAPT Therapeutics, Revance Therapeutics, Skillz, Turning Point Therapeutics and Westar Energy
- Convertible notes offerings by Chegg, Concur Technologies, GoPro, Harmonic, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, LinkedIn, Revance Therapeutics, Rovi, ServiceNow, Sunrun, Twitter, Uber, Yahoo! and Zscaler
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lucid Motors on its combination with Churchill Capital Corp IV
- CrowdStrike on its acquisitions of Preempt Security and Humio
- Agilent Technologies on its acquisition of Advanced Analytical Technologies
- Equinix on its acquisitions of Packet Host, data centers from Verizon, Infomart Dallas, Nimbo Technologies and its joint venture buyout of ALOG
- Temasek on its investment in Intapp
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum on its $1.2 billion acquisition of Metals USA
- TerraVia on the sale of a majority interest in its Algenist skincare brand to Tengram Capital Partners
- Ingram Micro on its acquisition of BrightPoint, CloudBlue and Shipwire
- Roper Industries on its acquisition of FoodLink
- SunPower on its acquisition of SolarBridge
- FormFactor on its acquisition of MicroProbe
- Blue Coat on its acquisition by an investor group led by Thoma Bravo
General Corporate Advice
Emily advises on public reporting, securities compliance and corporate governance for companies such as CrowdStrike, Equinix, and Texas Instruments.
Chambers USA – Capital Markets: Debt & Equity, Western United States, Up and Coming
Law360 – “Rising Star: Technology,” 2021
Daily Journal – “Top 40 Under 40,” 2021
Daily Journal – “California Lawyer Attorney of the Year,” 2020
- Partner, 2019-present
- Associate, 2011-2019
Qualifications and admissions
- State of California