Shane advises U.S. and non-U.S. issuers and underwriters on capital markets and corporate transactions, including private placements, initial public offerings and other equity offerings, and high-yield, investment-grade and convertible debt offerings. Corporate clients, ranging from early-stage privately held companies to well-known seasoned issuers, turn to him for advice on governance, corporate and securities law matters.
Shane has experience across a variety of sectors, including financials, retail, industrials, technology, biotech, consumer, specialty pharmaceuticals and oil and gas.
He serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Venture for America.
- Signify Health, Trean Insurance Group, Rocket Companies, GFL Environmental, Oportun Financial, BRP Group, HBT Financial, Tradeweb Markets, Goosehead Insurance, Charah Solutions, Red Rock Resorts, Patheon Citizens Financial Group, Virtu Financial, Hilton Worldwide Holdings, Norcraft Companies, Kamada and Yandex
Other Equity Offerings
- Follow-on or secondary offerings by Baker Hughes, First Bancorp, Genpact, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Citizens Financial Group, Pattern Energy, J.M. Smuckers, Hilton Worldwide Holdings, U.S. Silica, The Medicines Company, Wesco Aircraft Holdings and AmeriGas Partners
Investment- and High-Grade Debt
- The underwriters in connection with offerings by Baker Hughes, CSX, Centerstate Bank, Salesforce, UBS AG, Brinker International, Medtronic, Canadian Pacific Railway, Rockwell Collins, Lloyds Banking Group, Anglo American Morgan Stanley, Aetna and Citizens Financial Group on their debt offerings
- The underwriters or initial purchasers in connection with high-yield debt offerings of GFL Environmental, Pattern Energy, Tempur Sealy International, Cliffs Natural Resources, J.C. Penney, Hilton, PDC Energy, Momentive Specialty Chemicals, AmeriGas Partners and MSCI on its debt offerings
- The underwriters in connection with the convertible debt offerings of LendingTree, Synapctics, Granite Construction, EZCorp, Encore Capital, Cal Dive International and Meadowbrook Insurance Group
- Research Editor, Duke Law Journal
- Partner, 2016-present
- Associate, 2008-2016
- London office, 2009-2011
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York